Fun with Cards

Saturday, May 9, 2009
I have discovered a great blog by Dawn Griffiths over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts - here. She has some great inspirational videos on You Tube with really fun cards - cards that open up, slide, etc.

It has inspired me to try a few cards - one a slider card, which I had seen before but had not tried, and the other is a flap card.

The first one below is the slider card. I used Hero Arts Bear Stamp F5170 - which is now my favourite stamp. I really am beginning to love the woodblock stamps now - preferring them over the clear stamps. The rubber on the woodblock stamps gives such a crisp image.

Below is the card opened up, I think I must have slid it open about 50 times already, and my husband thinks I am crazy!!! I was just so excited that it worked. And it is so easy to make too. That is the great thing about most of these fun cards - they look tricky but once you have made one, you see how easy it really is.


The next card has two flaps which open up to reveal the inside of the card. Here I used one of the Hero Arts Four Stylish Owls. They are so cute and a great size too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top